More Truths From Around The World, courtesy of yours truly. The Unicorn of Truth Tellers. Heh.
- In Mali, a muslim country, a woman can bathe by the side of the road in the river topless, but will NEVER show her legs above the ankle. It’s just not done.
- Communists have a seriously underdeveloped sense of humor. At least in public.
- For women: If you are looking for a hunky, manly man the place to go is BIAP (Baghdad International Airport), which is full of horny, female-starved Western contractors in the best physical condition of their life. And they will buy coffee.
- Do NOT go to Africa if you are an albino. You will be sacrificed and possibly eaten.
- The only times I’ve ever had food poisoning in a third world country was when I ate at five star hotels. Street meat = A ok in my book.
- Be Careful of the chili in Cincinnati, Ohio. Your stomach may not be able to handle it.
- What happens when you out-karaoke a North Korean? I did it once – not pretty! It’s best not to do it Especially if you are in North Korea.
- Communist regimes – or any dictatorial regime feeling threatened – do not like Facebook or Twitter. So much so, it is almost impossible to log in to those, or any other widely used social site, while in the confines of their borders. Just in case, you know, someone wants to start a revolution.
- The Mandarin word for “shoe” is the same for “vagina” – so be careful when you say you want to go shoe shopping.
In India, if two dudes are walking down the street holding hands, it means they’re friends NOT lovers.
In Japan, women let men get in the elevator first. I KNOW! SO ANNOYING!
Despite immense dental care advances throughout the world, the English still have really bad teeth, hence the “British Book Of Smiles”.
In England, a “fag” is a cigarette, not a nasty term for a homosexual.
- Despite any and all stereotypes, most people in every country I have ever been to are really, really lovely. If just give them the chance.
- NEVER shake hands with your left hand, pretty much anywhere. Especially in India. If someone offers to shake your hand with their left, they are insulting you.
What are some truths you’ve learned? I’d love to add them to my list… and put them in a large soon to be downloadable Book Of Truths (with illustrations!)